Affiliation - University Of Jammu
Recognized By - J&K State Govt.
Approved By - Indian Nursing Council
Annual Intake - 25 seats
Duration - 2 years
|Branch I||Medical Surgical Nursing|
|Branch II||Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing|
|Branch III||Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing|
|Branch IV||Community Health Nursing|
|Branch V||Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing|
On Completion of the two year M.Sc Nursing programme, the graduate will be able to:
1. Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
2. Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing.
3. Practice as a nurse specialist.
4. Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator and manager.
5. Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
6. Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
7. Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
8. Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
The Candidate should have
1. Passed the qualification of B.Sc. Nursing degree of this University or any other University accepted as equivalent there to.
2. Should have registered with the State Registration Council of Nursing and Mid-Wifery.
3. Should have one year of experience in teaching hospital or in a college (or) in a School or Nursing (or) in a Community Health Programme after registering in the State Nursing Council.
4. Minimum One year of work experience prior to or after Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
5. Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the Institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course and does not suffer from any disability.