Affiliation - University Of Jammu
Recognized By - J&K State Govt.
Approved By - Indian Nusing Council
Annual Intake - 60
Duration - 4 years
On completion of the four year B.Sc. Nursing program the graduates will be able to:
1. Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine, including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
2. Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
3. Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and group.
4. Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
5. Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
6. Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programs.
7. Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
8. Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
9. Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/ community health settings.
10. Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
11. Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
12. Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
13. Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
1. Male and Female Candidates are eligible.
2. Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the B.Sc., Degree course in Nursing (BASIC) should have passed the qualifying examination (Academic stream) after period of 12 years of study with the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Botany and Zoology.
3. Every Candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course.
4. The minimum education requirements shall be passing of
5. "Individual Pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology (both Theory and Practical) and English with a minimum of 40% marks in each of above subject and with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English".
6. Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete the said age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year Nursing course.
10th std. marks card/( for proof of date of birth)
10 + 2 marks card/ PUC marks card
Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended
Conduct Certificates from the Institution last attended
Medical Fitness certificate
Photographs - 5